Williams Blackstock Architects
- Honor Award
The design for our architectural offices was based on respecting the integrity of the existing historical warehouse structure while developing a design that enhanced the firm’s creative process, efficiency and teamwork. Constructed in 1921 and added onto in 1940, the existing warehouse structure is not architecturally elaborate, but is a good example of warehouse development in this area occurring in the 1920s with load bearing brick walls, board-formed concrete floors and steel frame windows. The interior space was designed to preserve the panoramic view of the downtown Birmingham skyline and the historic railroad district while creating a modular space that facilitates collaboration and creativity among our project teams.